Sr Compensation Consultant
- Supports the compensation programs globally by working closely with global HR Partners and Manning Agencies.
- Works on special projects/analyses to identify trends, assesses impact, analyzes alternatives and recommends action plans based on these analyses. Provides project status reports to management and ensures project results meet the needs and requirements of the business
- Interacts with the business and regional business/HR partners globally to apply compensation expertise to solve complex business problems that meet business needs and applies sound compensation principles, best practices and appropriate guidelines
- Assists in the design, communication and distribution of compensation programs including base salary administration and incentive plans. Involved in the planning and administration of the annual compensation review process for merit, bonus and Long Term Incentive for eligible employees.
- Compiles and analyzes market data, internal job relationships and geographic pay differentials. Recommends new position grades and/or geographic differentials based on conclusions made from compiled research
- Analyzes various compensation recommendations/actions such as: promotions, adjustments and transfers for appropriateness and consistency. Reviews pay actions and advises managers on appropriate action to resolve issues
- Identifies and recommends process and system enhancements
- Prepares summary and detailed reports for senior management as needed
- Ensures effective management and maintenance of compensation programs and structure, and proposes changes as needed
- Participates in cross brand salary surveys and compensation audits. Evaluates and market prices jobs, determines pay grade/rank assignments and maintains the company’s compensation structures within HR systems and tools.
- Analyzes pay practices to ensure accuracy and compliance with all applicable local laws/union agreements
- Proactively maintains a high level of business knowledge of client groups and the industry.
- Keeps apprised of applicable federal, state local and international compensation related laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the area of Compensation, HR or related area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and intermediate level in Excel (VLOOKUPs, Pivot tables, charts, and mail merge)Strong ability to research, analyze and interpret data.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities quickly.
- Strong project management, organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CCP designation preferred.